The synopsis for this grant opportunity is detailed below, following
this paragraph. This synopsis contains all of the updates to this
document that have been posted as of
updates have been made to the opportunity synopsis, update information
is provided below the synopsis.
If you would like to receive notifications of changes to the grant
me change notification emails
The only thing you need to provide for this service is your email
address. No other information is requested.
Any inconsistency between the original printed document and the disk
or electronic document shall be resolved by giving precedence to the
Modification to Previous
Funding Opportunity Number:
Jun 07, 2012
Jan 16, 2013
Original Closing Date for Applications:
Jan 09, 2013
Current Closing Date for Applications:
Jan 09, 2013
Mar 10, 2013
Funding Instrument Type:
Category of Funding Activity:
Expected Number of Awards:
Estimated Total Program Funding:
Consolidated Health Centers (Community Health Centers, Migrant Health Centers, Health Care for the Homeless, Public Hous
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement:
City or township governments
Special district governments
Independent school districts
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Additional Information on Eligibility:
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility requirements.
1. Applicant proposes to serve a service area and its associated population(s) identified in the Service Area Announcement Table available at http://www.hrsa.gov/grants/apply/assistance/sac, including:
• A current Health Center Program grantee whose project period ends on, or after, October 31, 2012 and before October 1, 2013 that seeks to continue serving its current service area.
• A health center not currently funded through the Health Center Program that seeks to serve an entire announced service area.
• A current Health Center Program grantee that seeks to serve an entire announced service area in addition to its current service area.
3) Applicant submits only one application for consideration under a single SAC announcement number.
4) Applicant requests section 330 funds to support the operation of a health center for the provision of required comprehensive primary, preventive, and enabling health care services, either directly on-site or through established arrangements without regard to ability to pay. An applicant may not propose to provide only a single service, such as dental, behavioral, or prenatal services.
5) Applicant proposes access to services for all individuals in the service area and target population. In instances where a sub-population is being targeted within the service area or target population (e.g., homeless children; lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals; adolescents/children in schools), the applicant must ensure that health care services will be made available to others in need of care who seek services at the proposed site(s).
6) Applicant requests annual Federal section 330 funding (as presented on the SF-424A) that DOES NOT exceed the established cap of section 330 funding available to support the announced service area and its designated population(s).
Health Resources & Services Administration
Health centers improve the health of the Nation's underserved communities and vulnerable populations by ensuring access to comprehensive, culturally competent, quality primary health care services.
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) solicits applications for the Health Center Program's Service Area Competition (SAC). The FOA details the SAC eligibility requirements, review criteria, and awarding factors for organizations seeking a grant for operational support for an announced service area under the Health Center Program, including Community Health Center (CHC, section 330(e)), Migrant Health Center (MHC, section 330(g)), Health Care for the Homeless (HCH, section 330(h)), and/or Public Housing Primary Care (PHPC, section 330(i)). For the purposes of this document, the term "health center" refers to the diverse types of health centers (i.e., CHC, MHC, HCH, and/or PHPC) supported under section 330 of the PHS Act, as amended.
The following files represent the modifications to this synopsis
with the changes noted within the documents. The list of files is
arranged from newest to oldest with the newest file representing the
current synopsis. Changed sections from the previous document are shown
in a light grey background.