The synopsis for this grant opportunity is detailed below, following
this paragraph. This synopsis contains all of the updates to this
document that have been posted as of
updates have been made to the opportunity synopsis, update information
is provided below the synopsis.
If you would like to receive notifications of changes to the grant
me change notification emails
The only thing you need to provide for this service is your email
address. No other information is requested.
Any inconsistency between the original printed document and the disk
or electronic document shall be resolved by giving precedence to the
Funding Opportunity Number:
Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013
Original Closing Date for Applications:
Jun 05, 2013
Current Closing Date for Applications:
Jun 05, 2013
Jul 05, 2013
Funding Instrument Type:
Category of Funding Activity:
Expected Number of Awards:
Estimated Total Program Funding:
Immunization Research, Demonstration, Public Information and Education_Training and Clinical Skills Improvement Projects
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement:
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Additional Information on Eligibility:
1. Eligible Applicants:
• American Indian/Alaska Native tribal governments (federally recognized or state recognized)
• American Indian/Alaska native tribally designated organizations
• Alaska Native health corporations
• Community-based organizations
• Faith-based organizations
• For-profit organizations (other than small business)
• Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
• Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
• Research institutions (that will perform activities deemed as non-research)
• Small, minority, and women-owned businesses
• State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau)
• Tribal epidemiology centers
• Urban Indian Health
2. Special Eligibility Requirements: An organization that is 1) national in scope and not limited to one locale, region or state; 2) has a history of bringing targeted collaborative partners together (including regional and national organizations, key constituents, state and local governments) to accomplish objectives; 3) has expertise in assembling the resources needed to execute the particulars of the FOA; and, 4) has capability of disseminating, publicizing, and promoting the outputs and other work to relevant parties and partners.
3. Cost Sharing or Matching: Cost sharing or matching funds are not required for this program. Although there is no statutory match requirement for this FOA, leveraging other resources and related ongoing efforts to promote sustainability is strongly encouraged.
4. Maintenance of Effort: Maintenance of Effort is not required for this program.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Working through targeted stakeholders, including WIC staff, coalitions, stakeholders and parents, the awardee will increase accurate information on social media and will educate WIC staff about vaccine recommendation and best practices. These activities will in the long term reduce barriers and lead to the reduction of morbidity and mortality from vaccine preventable diseases.
Link to Additional Information
If you have difficulty accessing the full announcement
electronically, please contact: