The synopsis for this grant opportunity is detailed below, following
this paragraph. This synopsis contains all of the updates to this
document that have been posted as of
updates have been made to the opportunity synopsis, update information
is provided below the synopsis.
If you would like to receive notifications of changes to the grant
me change notification emails
The only thing you need to provide for this service is your email
address. No other information is requested.
Any inconsistency between the original printed document and the disk
or electronic document shall be resolved by giving precedence to the
Description of Modification
Applicants, please be sure to review both attachments.
Modification to Previous
Funding Opportunity Number:
Jun 03, 2011
Jun 03, 2011
Original Closing Date for Applications:
Jul 01, 2011
Current Closing Date for Applications:
Jul 01, 2011
Jul 31, 2011
Funding Instrument Type:
Category of Funding Activity:
Other (see text field entitled "Explanation of Other Category of Funding Activity" for clarification)
Science and Technology and other Research and Development
Energy and Climate Partnership of the Americas
Expected Number of Awards:
Estimated Total Program Funding:
Not Elsewhere Classified
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement:
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Private institutions of higher education
Additional Information on Eligibility:
Organizations submitting proposals must meet the following criteria:
* Be a U.S. non-profit organization meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 USC 501(c) (3)
* Be a U.S. university or research institution meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 USC 501(c) (3); and
* Have demonstrated experience administering successful projects in the Latin American and Caribbean region, or similarly challenging program environment. WHA reserves the right to request additional background information on organizations that do not have previous experience administering federal grant awards. These applicants may be subject to limited funding on a pilot basis; and
* Have existing, or the capacity to develop, active partnerships with organization(s) in the target country and/or region.
* Organizations may form consortia and submit a combined proposal. However, one organization should be designated as the lead applicant.
Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs
Department of State, Western Hemisphere Affairs Bureau, invites organizations to submit proposals outlining program concepts and capacity to advance the Energy and Climate Partnership of the Americas (ECPA), which promotes cooperation on renewable energy, energy efficiency, cleaner fossil fuels, infrastructure, energy poverty, sustainable land use and forests, and adaptation issues in Canada, Latin America, and the Caribbean. At the 2009 Fifth Summit of the Americas in Trinidad and Tobago, President Obama invited all Western Hemisphere governments, private sector stakeholders, civil society, and international organizations to join ECPA to deepen collaboration in the Americas on energy security and climate change. For more information, please visit www.ecpamericas.org. The Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs objectives in supporting these efforts are to strengthen policy and regulatory frameworks in support of clean energy; accelerate the uptake and deployment of renewable and energy efficient technologies; promote regional cooperation and integration; fight energy poverty by increasing access to modern energy services; advance countries abilities to reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation; and promote resilience to the impacts of climate change on vulnerable countries. Selected applicants will be required to provide summaries of their activities and updates to the ECPA website at www.ecpaamericas.org, a clearinghouse managed by the Organization of American States in order to disseminate information about ECPA activities.
The following files represent the modifications to this synopsis
with the changes noted within the documents. The list of files is
arranged from newest to oldest with the newest file representing the
current synopsis. Changed sections from the previous document are shown
in a light grey background.