Getting Started with Applicant Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Get Started steps to apply for grants?
The Get Started steps are below, for more details go to Apply for Grants.
- Step 1 - Find Grant Opportunity for which you would like to apply
- Step 2 - Download Application Package
- Step 3 - Complete the Registration Process
What information will I need to register with Grants.gov?
- Your organization will need to obtain a DUNS Number. If your organization doesn't have one, you will need to go to the Dun & Bradstreet website at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform to obtain the number.
- Ensure that your organization is registered with the System for Award Management (SAM). ). If your organization isn't registered with SAM, an authorizing official of your organization must register. You will not be able to move on to Step #3 until this step is completed.
- Create a Grants.gov username and password. You will need to create a Grants.gov user profile by visiting the Get Registered section of the website.
- The E-Business Point of Contact (POC) at your organization must respond to the registration email from Grants.gov and login at Grants.gov to authorize you as an Authorized Organization Representative (AOR). Please note that there can be more than one AOR for an organization.
- At any time, you can track your AOR status by going to the Applicant Login with your username and password.