Applicant Resources Lists Several Tools and Documents to Help you with Grants.gov
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Here are links to our most frequently asked questions pages for Grants.gov applicants.
- Applicant FAQs
- General FAQs are found under Support
- Public Law 106-107 FAQs can be found under Grant Regulations
User Guides & Checklists
Instructions for Applicant Registration, Finding and Applying for Grants
- Grants.gov Applicant User Guide - A detailed guide for Organizations and Individuals on registration, finding and applying for grant opportunities.
- E-Biz POC Registration Checklist - Registration guidance for your organization's E-Business Point of Contact (E-Biz POC).
- Organization Registration Checklist - Registration guidance for any type of organization.
- Grants.gov Applicant Training Video - Register, Find, and Apply. Watch an overview on how to Register with Grants.gov, Find Grant Opportunities and understand your search results, and how to Apply for Grant Opportunities. If you have any additional questions please visit the Applicant Resources section of Grants.gov.
- SAM Quick Start Guide For New Grantee Registration located on SAM and SAM Video Tutorial for New Applicants are tools created by the General Services Administration to assist those registering with the System for Award Management (SAM). If you have questions or concerns about your SAM registration, please contact the Federal Support desk at https://www.fsd.gov.
- Glossary - A reference of definitions and terms used throughout the site.
- Grant Fraud - Whom to contact if you think that someone is fraudulently representing Grants.gov.
- Recovery Act - Find information about Recovery Act Funding and Grants.gov participation.
Technical Support & Self-Help
- Grants.gov Compatible Software - There are several software applications that allow you to successfully navigate the Grants.gov pages and complete your application. Check our compatibility tables to ensure that you are using versions that are compatible with Grants.gov.
- Self-help Portal is a searchable knowledgebase. The portal also includes answers to the top ten questions received by our Contact Center and it allows you to check the status of an existing ticket.
- Troubleshooting Tips - Help with common troubleshooting issues.
- If you need additional help, our Contact Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to help you with issues regarding Grants.gov and can be reached by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-518-4726.
- Associations & Organizations - For additional information on grants, you can visit and read about these grant associations and organizations.
- Resources from Grantors - A listing of the 26 federal agencies and their resources. Simply find the agency you are interested in and click on the link to be directed to their resources.
- Agencies Providing Grants - The Department of Health and Human Services is the Grants.gov program's managing partner, and allows access to the 26 federal grant-making agencies available through this convenient E-Government initiative. Below are the links to those agency websites.