These troubleshooting tips can help you quickly resolve your technical issues.
Help is provided below for common troubleshooting issues such as verifying your Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) status, login for E-Business Point of Contact (E-Biz POC) and accessing search results. If you any of these technical issues continue to occur please contact the Grants.gov Contact Center.
1. How can I find out if I have been assigned as an Authorized Organization Representative (AOR)?How can I find out if I have been assigned as an Authorized Organization Representative (AOR)?
An Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) submits a grant on behalf of a company, organization, institution, or government. AORs have the authority to sign grant applications and the required certifications and/or assurances that are necessary to fulfill the requirements of the application process.
If you are able to login to Grants.gov, then you have successfully completed the Grants.gov registration process. Read instructions for Checking AOR Status
2. I am an Approved Organization Representative (AOR), why am I not able to submit?
In some instances the E-Business Point of Contact (grant administrator/CFO) for your organization may unknowingly deny your Authorized Organization Representative status (right to submit).
The E-Business Point of Contact (E-Biz POC) has the authority to provide or deny rights to an Authorized Organization Representative (AOR). The E-Biz POC has the ability to:
- View list of AORs registered at Grants.gov under specific DUNS
- Assign AOR role
- Revoke AOR role
- Delete AOR login
- View/search list of submissions made under that DUNS
- View rejected with errors message, if any submission is rejected (similar to AOR)
- Receive email when a new applicant registers at Grants.gov under that DUNS
3. I am unable to login as the E-Business Point of Contact (E-Biz POC) for Grants.gov, what should I do?
The system will not allow you to login as the E-Biz POC if you are not registered. If you are experiencing difficulties when logging into Grants.gov you may need to clear your cookies and temporary internet files. For instructions on deleting cookies and clearing cache (temporary internet files).
4. I am having difficulties accessing some of my search results on Grants.gov, what should I do?
If you are experiencing difficulties navigating through search results when searching for grant opportunities on Grants.gov there are a few things may try to fix this issue: delete cookies, verify cookies are deleted, disable/enable cookies, clear cache and disable firewall.
5. How can I verify that I am using Adobe Reader to work on my application package?
Grants.gov has created a test package to check whether you are using the compatible version of Adobe software to view your application package, see Verify Adobe Reader Version.
6. I have set Adobe Reader as my default, but I am still having issues submitting my Adobe Reader package what should I do?
Check your computer's settings, make sure that the compatible version of Adobe Reader, is set as your default application viewer. For instructions on setting Adobe Reader as your default viewer, see Setting Adobe Reader as your Default.
7. Error Messages
Understanding Adobe Reader Error Messages