Grant Application Process
Getting Started with Grant Applications
The Grant Application Process in Brief
For more details go to Apply for Grants.
Step 1 - Find Grant Opportunity for which you would like to apply
Step 2 - Download Application Package
Step 3 - Complete the Registration Process
Step 4 - Complete and Submit the Application Package
Registration Process in Brief
You will find more detailed information navigate to our Get Registered page or the Applicants User Guide.
- Obtain a DUNS number (optional for Individual applicants).
- Register with SAM.gov (optional for Individual applicants). Organization Applicants will not be able to move on to Step #3 until this step is completed.
- Create a Grants.gov username and password. You will need to create a Grants.gov user profile by visiting the Get Registered section of the website.
- The E-Business Point of Contact (POC) at your organization must respond to the registration email from Grants.gov and login at Grants.gov to authorize you as an Authorized Organization Representative (AOR). Please note that there can be more than one AOR for an organization.
- At any time, you can track your AOR status by going to the Applicant Login with your username and password.
Be sure to allow enough time to register prior to the submission deadline for your application package.
- Organization applicants with an Employer Identification Number (EIN) should allow 7 business days to complete all five registration steps, but additional time may be required for AOR Authorization depending upon the responsiveness of your E-Biz POC.
- Organization applicants applying for an EIN should plan on a minimum of 2 full weeks but additional time may be required for AOR Authorization depending upon the responsiveness of your E-Biz POC.
- Individual applicants can register in as little as 1 business day.