Get Started with the Grants.gov Applicant System-to-System Now
The following are the prerequisites for getting started with the Grants.gov System to System (S2S) interface:
- Developer with understanding of XML and experience using web services.
- Even though any technology can be used to implement an S2S interface with Grants.gov, knowledge of JAVA would be helpful to understand code samples included in the Applicant Reference Implementation.
- Understanding of your existing database(s) which will be used to retrieve and store information needed to send/receive to/from Grants.gov.
Setting up System To System with Grants.gov
This section assumes that your organization is already set up with E-Biz POC account on the Grants.gov User Interface. For clients connecting to Grants.gov Web Services for the first time:
- Review the Applicant S2S Version Matrix and the Applicant Web Services to learn about the Version 2.0 Web Services.
- Download the Version 2.0 Applicant WSDL using the link in the Applicant Versions & WSDLs.
- Download the Version 2.0 Web Service using the link found in the Applicant Reference Implementation.
- Obtain a digital certificate and ensure it is properly set up to communicate securely via a mutual authentication with Grants.gov. See the Applicant Certificates.
- Become familiar with the Grants.gov Hashing Standards.
If you are currently using Grants.gov web services and would like to upgrade to the latest Web Service Library (Version 2.0), please refer to the Upgrading to Applicant Web Service Library.
If you have questions please contact Grants.gov.