Get Started with the Grants.gov Grantor System-to-System Now
The following are the prerequisites for getting started with the Grants.gov System to System (S2S) interface:
- Developer with understanding of XML and experience using web services
- Even though any technology can be used to implement an S2S interface with Grants.gov, knowledge of JAVA would be helpful to understand code samples included in the Agency Reference Implementation.
- Understanding of your existing database(s) which will be used to retrieve and store information needed to send/receive to/from Grants.gov
Setting up System To System with Grants.gov
This section assumes that your agency or sub-agency exists in Grants.gov and you have an administrator (admin) user account. For clients connecting to Grants.gov Web Services for the first time, please reference the following:
- Review the Agency S2S Version Matrix and the Agency Web Services to learn about the Version 2.0 Web Services
- Download the Version 2.0 Agency WSDL using the link in the Agency Versions & WSDLs.
- Download the Version 2.0 Web Service using the link found in the Agency Reference Implementation.
- Obtain a digital certificate and ensure it is properly set up to communicate securely via a mutual authentication with Grants.gov. See the Agency Certificate.
If you are currently using Grants.gov web services and would like to upgrade to the latest Web Service Library (Version 2.0), please refer to the Agency Upgrading.
For Grants.gov web services assistance, please contact Grants.gov.