Disabling Virus Protection
How do I disable virus protection?
A virus protection is software or hardware that creates a protective barrier between your computer and potentially damaging content on the Internet or network. It is used to guard your computer against malicious users, and also against malicious software such as computer viruses and worms.
- If you are using a virus protection program such as Norton or MacAfee there should be a link to them through your "Start" menu under "All Programs".
- Click the link to open the "Control Center". This may be called other names such as "Security Center" or similar names.
- Click the link to access your virus scanner configuration.
- In that area you should see a link to "disable" or "temporarily disable" virus scanning.
- Click the "disable" or "temporarily disable virus scanning" link.
- If it is permanently disabled (not temporarily disabled), be sure to re-enable it when you are done.