Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Mission and Vision
Born in the wake of elevated concern about environmental pollution, the EPA was established on December 2, 1970 to consolidate in one agency a variety of federal research, monitoring, standard-setting and enforcement activities to ensure environmental protection. Since its inception, the EPA has been working for a cleaner, healthier environment for the American people.
Grant Program Highlights
Exchange Network Grant Program
The Exchange Network Grant Program provides funding to states, territories, and federally-recognized Indian tribes to support the development of the National Environmental Information Exchange Network. All 50 states, five territories, and 87 federally-recognized tribes have received grants to facilitate their involvement in the Exchange Network.
Environmental Education Grants Program
Under the Environmental Education Grants Program, the EPA seeks grant proposals from eligible applicants to support environmental education projects that promote environmental awareness and stewardship and help provide people with the skills to take responsible actions to protect the environment. This grant program provides financial support for projects that design, demonstrate, and/or disseminate environmental education practices, methods, or techniques.
Environmental Justice Small Grants Program
The Environmental Justice Small Grants Program provides financial assistance to eligible organizations to build collaborative partnerships, to identify the local environmental and/or public health issues, and to envision solutions and empower the community through education, training, and outreach.
Find Environmental Protection Agency Grants
Environmental Protection Agency Grant Spending
Offices & Bureaus
- Office of the Administrator (AO)
- Office of Policy (OP)
- Office of Mission Support (OMS)
- Office of Air and Radiation (OAR)
- Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention (OCSPP)
- Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO)
- Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA)
- Office of General Counsel (OGC)
- Office of International and Tribal Affairs (OITA)
- American Indian Environmental Office (AIEO)
- Office of Research and Development (ORD)
- Office of Land and Emergency Management (OLEM)
- Office of Water (OW)
- Regional Offices