Get Started with the Grants.gov Grantor System-to-System Now
The following are the prerequisites for getting started with the Grants.gov System to System (S2S) interface:
- Developer with understanding of XML and experience using web services
- Even though any technology can be used to implement an S2S interface with Grants.gov, knowledge of JAVA would be helpful to understand code samples included in the Agency Reference Implementation.
- Understanding of your existing database(s) which will be used to retrieve and store information needed to send/receive to/from Grants.gov
Setting up System To System with Grants.gov
This section assumes that your agency or sub-agency exists in Grants.gov and you have an administrator (admin) user account. For clients connecting to Grants.gov Web Services for the first time, please reference the following:
- Review the Agency S2S Version Table and the Agency Web Services to learn about the Version 2.0 Web Services
- Download the Version 2.0 Agency WSDL using the link in the Agency Versions & WSDLs.
- Download the Version 2.0 Web Service using the link found in the Agency Reference Implementation.
- Obtain a digital certificate and ensure it is properly set up to communicate securely via a mutual authentication with Grants.gov. See the Agency Certificate.
For Grants.gov web services assistance, please contact Grants.gov.