Create Opportunity Forecast
This service creates one or more Forecasts and associated Opportunity if it does not exist.
Web Service Version(s)
This service requires the following request parameter(s):
|Input Parameter||Description||Required/Optional||Business Rules||V2.0 Web Service Schema|
|The information required to create the forecast.||Required (Multiple Occurrences Allowed)||See below for business rules.||GrantsForecastSynopsis_V1.0|
|OpportunityID||Opportunity ID||Optional||Must provide either OpportunityID or CreateOpportunity||GrantsCommonElements: OpportunityID|
|CreateOpportunity||If the Opportunity does not exist (Opportunity ID is not specificed), Create Opportunity.||Optional||Must provide either OpportunityID or CreateOpportunity||GrantsOpportunity: CreateOpportunity|
This service returns a collection of objects containing the following details:
|Return Value||Comment / Example||Required/Optional||V2.0 Web Service Schema|
|CompletionStatus||Success, Partial, Fail||Required||GrantsCommonElements: CompletionStatus|
|CreateForecastResult||Optional (May have multiple occurrences)||GrantsCommonElements|
The following are the business rules for this service:
- Agency Code must match Agency associated with the certificate (or any of its Sub-Agencies if certificate has Manage Agencies role)
- Opportunity Number must be unique across all Agencies
- Opportunity can only have one Forecast
- Opportunity Category Explanation is required if Opportunity Category is ‘Other'
- Opportunity Category Explanation must be blank when Opportunity Category is not ‘Other'
- Opportunity CFDA(s) must be active in Grants.gov
- Opportunity CFDA(s) must be unique for the Opportunity
- Fiscal Year must be within a 10 year range starting with current fiscal year minus 2 and ending with current fiscal year plus 7
- Certificate must have Manage Forecasts role
- Forecast cannot be created/updated if the Opportunity has a Synopsis in Posted status
- Forecast Post Date cannot be in the past
- If a Synopsis exists, Forecast cannot have a future Post Date
- Opportunity ID must belong to Agency associated with the certificate (or any of its Sub-Agencies if certificate has Manage Agencies role)
- Forecast Dates must be in following Order if not blank (equal is fine):
·Forecast Post Date
·Estimated Synopsis Post Date
·Estimated Application Due Date
·Estimated Award Date
·Estimated Project Start Date
- Forecast Archive Date must be later than Forecast Post Date
- If Synopsis has future Post Date, Forecast Archive Date cannot be provided (Forecast Archive Date will automatically be set to Synopsis Post Date minus one day)
- Funding Activity Category Explanation is required if Funding Activity Category contains ‘Other'
- Funding Activity Category(ies) must be unique for the Opportunity
- Additional Information on Eligibility is required if Eligible Applicants contains ‘Other'
- Eligible Applicant(s) must be unique for the Opportunity
- Award Ceiling must be greater than or equal to Award Floor
- Funding Instrument Type(s) must be unique for the Opportunity