Add Profile to a Grants.gov Account
After registering an account with Grants.gov, you may choose to add profiles within your account. All Grants.gov users need an account to utilize subscription and application functionality. One account can contain multiple profiles. An account in Grants.gov is defined by your one unique email address, username, and password.
A profile in Grants.gov corresponds to a single applicant organization the user represents (i.e., an applicant), an individual applicant, or a single federal agency (i.e., for a grantors). If you work for or consult with multiple organizations and have a profile for each, you may log in to one Grants.gov account to access all of your workspaces.
Each profile may have different roles based on which roles have been assigned to you by the organization's point of contact, such as the E-Business Point of Contact (EBiz POC). Note that roles are not applicable to individual applicant profiles.
How to Add a Profile During the Registration Process
- Complete the Grants.gov account registration process.
- Under the How would you like to proceed? heading, select either the Add Organization Applicant Profile option or the Add Individual Applicant Profile option.
- An Organization Applicant Profile is for those of you who contribute to grant applications that are submitted on behalf of an organization, such as an institution of higher learning, nonprofit organization, or state government.
- An Individual Applicant Profile is for those who apply for a grant for themselves and not on behalf of an organization. Read more in the Variations for Individual Applicants help article.
- Enter the DUNS Number for the organization in the DUNS field if you selected the Organization Applicant Profile option. A DUNS Number is a unique nine-character identification number provided by the commercial company Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). If you need more information, read the Obtain a DUNS Number page.
- Create a profile name that will distinguish this organization profile from any other profiles you may have within your Grants.gov account.
- Enter your job title for this organization in the Job Title field.
- Click the Save button to complete the profile creation process.
To add a profile to an existing Grants.gov accout, refer to the Add Profile help article.
Help: Online User Guide
Find registration, search, and application instructions for all users in the Grants.gov Online User Guide.
For detailed applicant information, review the Applicants section of the online user guide.