Community Rules and Guidelines
Community Rules and Guidelines
Thank you for contributing to the federal grants community through the Grants.gov Discussion Forum. We encourage you to share questions, answers, and resources with fellow members of the grants community.
All posts to the Discussion Forum are reviewed after they are posted to ensure a respectful, constructive, and non-discriminatory dialogue. Please use the following rules and guidelines when posting comments.
Of course, the views expressed by individual community members may not reflect those of the Grants.gov Program Management Office or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. While the Discussion Forum may be used to meet and collaborate with others, Grants.gov does not vet or endorse its users.
We retain the discretion to determine which posts violate this policy and reserve the right to remove any post from the forum. Uses who repeatedly violate these will be banned from the Discussion Forum.
Rules and Guidelines for the Community
1) Stay focused. All viewpoints are welcome, but comments should remain relevant to federal grants and Grants.gov. Off-topic posts are prohibited and will be removed.
2) Be respectful & helpful. Personal attacks, profanity, and aggressive behavior are prohibited. Instigating arguments is also prohibited. Comments with any of the following elements are also prohibited:
- Vulgar, obscene, profane, threatening, or abusive language
- Discriminatory language (including hate speech) based on race, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or disability
3) Tell the truth. Spreading misleading or false information is prohibited.
4) No spam. Repeated posting of identical or very similar content in a counter-productive manner is prohibited — this includes posts aggressively promoting services or products. Comments with any of the following elements are also prohibited:
- Endorsements of commercial products, services, organizations, or other entities
- Repetitive posts (for example, if you submit the same idea multiple times)
- Spam or undecipherable language (gratuitous links will be viewed as spam)
5) Other prohibited posts and comments:
- Copyright infringement
- Links to external sites that are not directly relevant to federal grants or the specific discussion thread
- Solicitation of funds
- Procurement-sensitive information related to any current/future government grant or acquisition
- Surveys, polls, and questionnaires subject to the Office of Management and Budget Paperwork Reduction Act clearance
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Sensitive Information (SI)
6) Report violations. To cultivate a positive, supportive community, immediately flag any threads or comments that you see that violate these rules and guidelines.
Expectations for Grants.gov Responses
While we love being part of the grants community and your comments are welcome at any time, Grants.gov staff will only monitor the Discussion Forum during normal business hours. Grants.gov staff do not plan to respond to every comment or question.
For immediate assistance or help with a grant application, contact the Grants.gov Applicant Support team. They are available 24/7 (except federal holidays) by phone at 1-800-518-4726 or email email@example.com.
When you voluntarily enter comments, profile information (e.g., name and email), likes, shares, and other digital interactions on the Grants.gov Discussion Forum, you are sharing information with the public. You are voluntarily posting optional fields of information to the public that can be viewed by others.